How To Play Cornhole
Cornhole is a fun and simple game to play. To begin, follow the simple steps below:
Download a Printable Version
- You'll need 2 teams of 2 people each.
- Setup the Cornhole boards 27ft / 9yds from front to front.
- You need a total of 8 bags. 4 bags for each team.
- It doesn't really matter which side you or your teammate stand, as long as you're throwing to different boards.
- Flip a coin to determine which team goes first.
- Start throwing one bag at a time. Opponents alternate throws each time.
- The team that collects the most points after each round, throws first next round. If the score is tied or there is no score after the round, then the throw alternates teams from the previous round.
- Each bag on the board's surface counts as one point.
- Each bag in the board's hole counts as three points.
- Subtract each team's points to tally the score.
- The game is over when the first team reaches 21 points. You do not have to win by any number of points, nor does it matter if you go over 21.
- 11-0 is a skunk.
- Team A has 2 bags on the board and 1 bag in the hole, totalling 5 points.
- Team B has 1 bag on the board and 2 bags in the hole, totalling 7 points.
- Team B wins the round and gets 2 points.
- Team B throws first next round.